We work with owner-managed businesses that have 5-25 employees (with wiggle-room on either side). For Directis, it’s not just about size but also being locally-owned in BC, and working towards a combined goal of profitability and your contribution to a better community. We have worked with small businesses in BC and Alberta, in a wide range of industries.
What can we do for you?
We help small business owners develop and implement strategic plans to expand their business and increase their profits. This can include a variety of activities:
- Design and facilitate a one to three day strategic “retreat” for owners and their key managers that will result in the preparation of a strategic plan and action timeline. For more information, see Strategic Planning Retreats.
- Identify key performance indicators (metrics) to help measure the impact of marketing, human resources, operations and IT programs. In addition to identifying the KPIs, we help you use your existing accounting system and other management tools to track and report on these measurements to evaluate progress.
- Work with your team to build departmental budgeting tools to control costs and delegate responsibility to top managers for driving positive results.
- Support the development of succession plans and exit strategies.
- Improve the performance and efficiency of your operations and customer service through disciplined process improvement programs.
We would love to have an initial consultation with you to hear about your business and provide some no-strings-attached ideas or suggestions. That’s a good way to get to know us!
Small Business Resources and Events
These resources from Directis and our partners are intended to help small businesses.
- SWOT Analysis Questions for Small Business – use these prompt questions to kick-start your strategic planning.
- DIY Marketing Plan – Break down your whole potential market into niches and determine the best marketing tools for reaching each niche within your budget.
- Strategic Plan Word Template – sum up your strategic planning activities in this concise Word document template.
- Ebook: DIY Strategic Planning – Learn about the strategic planning process and design your own retreat or planning activities.
- Small Business Literature Resources – A shortlist of books that are must-reads for small businesses to help target their strategic plans and move forward on the right track.
Small Business Testimonials
[catlist name=small-business-testimonials orderby=rand numberposts=-1 excerpt=yes]
Keep Up to Date
We invite you to sign up for our monthly newsletter, which includes articles, resources and links of interest to small businesses.